Leonardo da Vinci -project: FI-04-B-F-PP-160530
The Modern Vocational Training Pilot (ModVoc)
The Targets Of Modern Vocational Training Pilot Project
The aims of the project in short
- The competition tasks are carried out and assessed as competence-based qualifications. The competitors get a certificate of an examination or a module certificate for their participation in the competition. The tasks cover some modules of the qualifications and at a semi-final of the WSC they equal to vocational qualifications or specialist vocational qualifications. This development work is carried out in cooperation with national boards of education and assessment functions.
- The Project contributes to close cooperation between comprehensive schools and vocational establishments as well as between vocational institutes, upper secondary schools and universities of business and technology. This cooperation will also continue after the project.
- The international know-how and cooperation between teachers will be developed.
- An open forum for talks and discussions will be established to collect and update international knowledge and skills.
- Businesses need enough qualified workforce to replace the retired people. This is the "umbrella" under which all of the above mentioned goals are to be reached.
- Skills competitions will offer an annual event to visit. Organizing such visits has to be made possible without demanding unreasonable economic resources of schools.
- The event is international, and domestic competitions will also have participants from other countries. This concerns competitions in both Finland and partner countries.